Inhalt des Dokuments
Please read over the following text, prior to submitting your job application.
- DIMA welcomes job applications from interested parties year-round.
- We regularly receive job applications for Postdoctoral Researchers, Research Associates (PhD Students), and Student Assistants throughout the year.
- Ideal candidates are those who seek to challenge themselves academically, are passionate about data science and computer systems engineering, and possess expertise in big data analytics (including machine learning), benchmarking, data science, scalable data management, scalable processing technologies that leverage hardware-based solutions, stream processing, or visual analytics. In addition, you should have experience in at least two of the following: big data frameworks (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Spark), database systems (e.g., SQL, NoSQL), and programming languages (e.g., Java, Scala, C/C++, Python, R). Furthermore, good knowledge of both German and English are strongly desired. However, at a minimum, candidates must be able to communicate in English.
- In general, applications must include a cover letter (specifying target position, including the job reference number, when available), CV, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Note: Postdoctoral Researcher applicants must also provide examples of past publications.
- Job applications should be directed to jobs at dima dot tu-berlin dot de.
Thank you for your cooperation!
An Interview with Prof. Asterios Katsifodimos, TU Delft, Netherlands
- © Asterios Katsifodimos
... My first impression about DIMA was that they were working on high impact research and that they placed great value in the development and engineering of real-world systems. ...
Asterios Katsifodimos hold a senior researcher postion at DIMA from 2013 until 2016.
An Interview with Dr. Sebastian Schelter, Amazon, Berlin, Germany
- © Sebastian Schelter
... The DIMA staff members I met were very approachable. They took the time to explain their research, particularly, the system they were building in detail. ...
Sebastian Schelter was a PhD student at DIMA from 2011 until 2015 and hold a senior researcher part time position afterwards until 2017.
An Interview with Prof. Chen Xu, Associate Professor at ECNU Shanghai, China 
- © private
... both the Stratosphere system and the opportunity to work abroad peaked my interest. ...
Chen Xu holds a postdoctoral researcher postion at DIMA from 2014 until 2018 under the auspices of the Berlin Big Data Center (BBDC).
An Interview with DIMA PhD Student Jonas Traub 
- © privat
Jonas Traub , research associate at the DIMA Group of TU Berlin since 2015. Currently Jonas finished hos doctoral thesis.
An Interview with DIMA PhD Student Martin Kiefer 
- © privat
... during my Bachelor’s studies at DHBW Stuttgart, Prof. Markl invited a few of my fellow students and me to visit DIMA and learn about their research activities. The visit not only peaked my interest, it motivated me to subsequently join DIMA as a student assistant ...
Martin Kiefer , research associate at the DIMA Group of TU Berlin since April 2016.